We are currently and indefinitely open for submissions of Reviews (collaborative reviews, video reviews, & nontraditional reviews are welcome), Interviews/Conversations, Discussions/Roundtables, & Articles/Essays/Notes/Rants/Lists/Writings related to or falling into any of the following categories: Creative Nonfiction, Lyrical Essay, Personal Essay, Literature, Experimental Writing, Small Presses, Translation, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Graphic Novels, Games (Video games, board games, computer games), Science, Digital & Interactive Literature, Travel, the Paranormal, Television, Film, Music, Food, Culture & Art.
For specific and ongoing calls for submissions for curated series and topics, please visit:
Calls for Submissions
We welcome the above, but please don’t see this as a limiting list, rather a starting list of suggestions. If you’re not sure, send us a query.
We ask for exclusive rights to published pieces for a period of two weeks. After that, republishing with attribution is welcome.
We do not consider previously published work.
Entropy is completely volunteer-run and unable to pay for publication at this time.
- Please make sure to send your submission to the relevant editor (see the list below).
- Please only send to ONE editor, section, or series at a time.
- Include the word “submission” in the subject of your email.
- Include a very brief bio and author photo to help speed up the process.
- Please send your submission as a DOC or DOCX file. If formatting is important, please also include a PDF.
- If you have relevant images to accompany your piece, please send those as well. (All pieces accepted for publication will be accompanied by a featured image, so if you have a particular image, let us know.)
- Also let us know if you have published with us before, especially if submitting to a different section, series, or editor.
- Please note if your submission is a simultaneous submission and let us know if it is accepted elsewhere.
- Please send complete & finished submissions. We no longer take pitches.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for a response. We usually respond before that, but please don’t assume that you’ll always hear from us right away.
Book Review Guidelines:
Please see all guidelines pertaining to book reviews here.
Where to Submit Guidelines:
Please see all guidelines pertaining to the Where to Submit section here.
Where to Send Specific Submissions:
BOOK REVIEWS / Hanna Tawater / email@example.com
INTERVIEWS / Andrew Byrds / firstname.lastname@example.org
ARTS/CULTURE / Adrienne Walser / email@example.com
DIGITAL & INTERACTIVE LITERATURE / Justin Petropoulos / firstname.lastname@example.org
GAMES (Board Games, Indie Games) / Byron Campbell / email@example.com
GAMES (PC Games, Major Releases) / Emily Lee / firstname.lastname@example.org
COMICS CRITICISM / Maxi Kim / email@example.com
COMICS / Keith McCleary / firstname.lastname@example.org
FILM/TV / Myranda D’Apolito / email@example.com
HEALTH / WELLNESS / Ian Riggins / firstname.lastname@example.org
MUSIC / Beach Sloth / email@example.com
FICTION / Laura Vena / firstname.lastname@example.org
POETRY / Michelle Detorie / email@example.com
NONFICTION / CREATIVE NONFICTION / PERSONAL ESSAY / Sylvia Chan / firstname.lastname@example.org
SMALL PRESS UPDATES (Excerpts, Publication News) / Jacob Singer / email@example.com
WHERE TO SUBMIT / Justin Greene / firstname.lastname@example.org