We are currently and indefinitely open for submissions of Reviews (collaborative reviews, video reviews, & nontraditional reviews are welcome), Interviews/Conversations, Discussions/Roundtables, & Articles/Essays/Notes/Rants/Lists/Writings related to or following into any of the following categories: Creative Nonfiction, Lyrical Essay, Personal Essay, Literature, Experimental Writing, Small Presses, Translation, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Graphic Novels, Games (Video games, board games, computer games), Science, Digital & Interactive Literature, Travel, the Paranormal, Television, Film, Music, Food, Culture & Art.
For specific and ongoing calls for submissions for curated series and topics, please visit:
Calls for Submissions
We welcome the above, but please don’t see this as a limiting list, rather a starting list of suggestions. If you’re not sure, send us a query.
Reviews can be for books, films, games, or other works, and should be thoughtful, productive, analytical, and engage with the subject.
We ask for exclusive rights to published pieces for a period of two weeks. After that, republishing with attribution is welcome.
We apologize in advance if we are unable to respond to every submission. If you haven’t heard from us in 3 weeks, please assume that we are passing on your submission. This is not because your piece isn’t amazing, nor because we don’t love you. It is because the entropy of the universe has caused us to drown in a void of oblivion that prevents us from replying in assent, proving, once and for all, that everything is upside down.
Entropy is completely volunteer-run and unable to pay for publication at this time.
- Please make sure to send your submission to the relevant editor (see the list below).
- Include the word “submission” in the subject of your email.
- Include a very brief bio and author photo to help speed up the process.
- Please send your submission as a DOC or DOCX file. If formatting is important, please also include a PDF.
- If you have relevant images to accompany your piece, please send those as well. (All pieces accepted for publication will be accompanied by a featured image, so if you have a particular image, let us know.)
- Also let us know if you have published with us before, especially if submitting to a different section, series, or editor.
- Please send complete & finished submissions. We no longer take pitches.
Book Review Guidelines:
Please see all guidelines pertaining to book reviews here.
Where to Submit Guidelines:
Please see all guidelines pertaining to the Where to Submit section here.
Where to Send Specific Submissions:
BOOK REVIEWS / Hanna Tawater / email@example.com
INTERVIEWS / Andrew Byrds / firstname.lastname@example.org
ARTS/CULTURE / Adrienne Walser / email@example.com
DIGITAL & INTERACTIVE LITERATURE / Justin Petropoulos / firstname.lastname@example.org
GAMES (Board Games, Indie Games) / Byron Campbell / email@example.com
GAMES (PC Games, Major Releases) / Emily Lee / firstname.lastname@example.org
COMICS CRITICISM / Maxi Kim / email@example.com
COMICS / Keith McCleary / firstname.lastname@example.org
FILM/TV / Myranda D’Apolito / email@example.com
HEALTH / WELLNESS / Ian Riggins / firstname.lastname@example.org
MUSIC / Beach Sloth / email@example.com
FICTION / Laura Vena / firstname.lastname@example.org
POETRY / Michelle Detorie / email@example.com
NONFICTION / CREATIVE NONFICTION / PERSONAL ESSAY / Sylvia Chan / firstname.lastname@example.org
SMALL PRESS UPDATES (Excerpts, Publication News) / Jacob Singer / email@example.com
WHERE TO SUBMIT / Justin Greene / firstname.lastname@example.org