Note: We have updated our review guidelines. Please read the guidelines below before getting in touch.
Submissions are currently OPEN
Reviewers: Reviewer Guidelines
Book reviews should be thoughtful, productive, analytical, and engage with the subject. We don’t love gushing/overly positive reviews nor do we love scathing/overly negative reviews. Analyze, show us something that we haven’t seen before, back it up, tell us how the book made you feel, describe your reading experience. Did it strike a nerve, did it evoke memories from a random moment in your life? How is the text part of a larger cultural context? We love conversation, discussion, critical thinking, genuine opinions, and emotional engagements.
- Creative, academic, and/or alternate forms of reviews are encouraged.
- We especially encourage reviews written by and/or for women and people of color.
- Reviews should be between 600 and 2,000 words, and of texts released within the past five years. If you have a good reason for writing about an older work or writing a longer review, please submit a pitch first.
- If you have a review accepted by us, please wait at least two months before submitting another review.
- We will respond to queries if you want to check the availability of/our interest in a title before submitting, but will only formally accept submissions of completed reviews on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you are not familiar with our publication, please browse our reviews section to get an idea of the types of books we like to receive reviews for. We tend prioritize reviews of poetry, indie fiction, memoir, and hybrid/experimental texts.
- We do not take reviews of self-published books at this time.
- We do not accept reviews that have been previously published. We will consider simultaneous submissions, but please notify us if your review is accepted elsewhere.
Publishers/Authors: Getting Books Reviewed
We do NOT have a regular staff that reviews books at Entropy. Instead, we rely on completed book review submissions from contributors only. The best way to get a review placed with us, is if you know of people who are interested in writing a review for your book, have them submit the review to us. We are no longer maintaining a list of titles available for review.
Please direct all book review submissions and related queries to email@example.com